In 1940, St Therese’s School began with Preparatory (Kindergarten) and First Class. Staffing the school were two Daughters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, who commuted daily from St Bernard’s Convent in Botany. St Therese’s school developed steadily as a parish primary school for girls from Kindergarten to Year 6 and boys to Year 3. St Therese’s continues as a parish primary school administered by Sydney Catholic Schools for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6. St Therese’s is one of the largest inner-city primary schools in the Archdiocese.