EDUCATION AT SYDNEY CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
The education offered across Sydney Catholic Schools is a holistic and inclusive one. Our qualified educators use research-driven methods to inform their teaching and are committed to delivering a world-class education, providing the best teacher in every classroom, every day.
Our core values of Truth, Excellence, Curiosity, Empathy and Collaboration drive our decisions, as we place the student at the core of everything we do.
Whilst delivering the core curriculum, we also offer a multitude of other opportunities for students to thrive across our diverse system.
Our educational philosophy is to focus on the development of the whole child – academically, emotionally, physically, socially, and spiritually. In harmony with our values, each decision our system makes considers the education and wellbeing of each and every child.
THRIVING CATHOLIC COMMUNITIES THROUGH EXCELLENT TEACHING AND LEARNING
Fostering and encouraging excellence is at the heart of Sydney Catholic Schools. We are committed to ensuring our teaching and learning is rigorous and of high quality. Through consistent professional development into research-based practice we ensure our teachers are at the forefront of educational excellence.
To create thriving Catholic communities we:
- participate in the life and mission of the Catholic faith community;
- deepen our students’ knowledge and engagement with the Catholic faith and tradition;
- build each students’ capacity to continuously reason reflectively, logically and critically;
- embrace the interdependence of human existence as global citizens, who are responsible to and for themselves and others;
- provide an engaging, holistic learning experience, where students thrive academically and where every student excels in a multitude of ways, through personalised and self-paced learning.
At Sydney Catholic Schools we are consistently looking at ways to innovate and provide a purposeful, engaging and challenging education to all our students in new and exciting ways.