St Agnes’ school began in 1940 when Matraville was part of the new parish of Malabar. It started as a church-school in Perry Street, Matraville, with desks moved out every weekend to allow for Mass. In charge of the school were the Daughters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, who commuted each day from their convent at Daceyville.
Today, St Agnes’ is a school that embodies the OLSH charism of its founders by committing to our school’s values of love, care, respect and justice in both our words and actions. These values continue to underpin our vision for learning.