St Mark’s Catholic Primary School Drummoyne was opened in 1889. The first classes began in June and were taught by two local sisters Colse and Sarah Hayes. In 1894, the school was taken over by the Good Samaritans. In 1948, the Presentation Sisters (Wagga Wagga Congregation) took over the leadership of the school. In 1993 the Presentation Sisters ended their 55 year leadership of the school and in 1994 the first lay principal was appointed.