St John Bosco School began in 1959 on the corner of the old Princes Highway and Cambrai Avenue. Three Salesian Sisters taught 121 Kindergarten and First Class pupils, with Sr Frances Dardenello, as first principal. These Sisters had just come to Australia at the request of the Salesians at Boys’ Town and the parish priest of Engadine, Fr Joseph Ciantar SDB. St John Bosco School began with a close association with Boys’ Town and the Salesian Fathers. Today, the school continues to run as a primary school for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6.