St Michael’s Belfield was established in 1959 by the Dominican Sisters with Sr M Joachim as the first principal, with funding from St Michael’s Belfield parish. In 1975, the first lay principal, Mr Neville Dodd, was appointed and the school continued to grow over the following decades. St Michael’s continues to be a parish primary school for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6. Today St Michael’s Positive Education Framework and the SMILE strategy ensures that we continue to build on the great work of the past.