St Felix began in 1853 when the area was called ‘Irishtown’. Archbishop Moran sought help from Mother Mary MacKillop, and in 1887 the Josephite Sisters took control of the school. In 1983, the Josephite Sisters ended their 80 year leadership and involvement at St Felix. The Catholic Education Office appointed Mrs Shirley Jackson as the first lay Principal of the school in this century. St Felix continues to progress as a modern, well resourced systemic school catering for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6.