Fr O’Driscoll built St Declan’s Church school in 1907. The school began with help from the Sisters of Charity. The sisters would come to work by horse and carriage and later travelled by train. The school started with 78 pupils. In 1914 the Sisters of Charity handed over the management of the school to the Sisters of St Joseph. In 1986 the Sisters of St Joseph ended their 70 year leadership of the school and in 1993 the school became a fully co-educational primary school with classes from Kindergarten to Year 6.