The Sisters of Mercy founded a college in 1908 on the same site as Holy Cross Primary. The founding principal was Sr M de Chantal McCrone. The college was for primary and secondary girls, and in the early years some primary boys were enrolled. Due to lower enrolments the Sydney Archdiocesan Catholic Schools Board in June 2000 decided that the college would close at the end of 2001.