Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College Kensington opened in July, 1913 by Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Sisters. The school, however, began when the first section of the new convent was completed in 1897. A small combined primary and secondary college was conducted in the convent premises. Due to a growth in the number of students it led to the construction of a new college building in 1913 where Brendan Wing now stands. 1927 was the last year for the enrolment of boys at the college and it is now a systemic school for Year 7–12 girls.