The school began in 1912 in a church-school belonging to the parish of Camperdown. The parish priest at the time arranged for the Sisters of Mercy to staff the school. The Sisters would travel each day from their convent in Darlington to educate the children at the school. Today the traditional charisms of the Sisters of Mercy; compassion, courage, respect and hospitality are evident in the school’s daily life.