Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School Earlwood was established in 1923 by the North Sydney Sisters of Mercy. The first school was opened in the garage of Mrs Hocking’s house, under the leadership of Sr Francesca Cleary, with 23 children enrolled in February. The current school building situated on St James Avenue, was blessed and opened in 1926 by His Grace the Most Reverend Michael Kelly D.D. Archbishop of Sydney. Up until 1986, Our Lady of Lourdes was under the leadership of the Sisters of Mercy with 18 Sisters undertaking the role of school principal over the 63 year period. In 1987, we saw the first lay principal appointed to the school. Over the years, the school has enjoyed building developments and refurbishments creating what is today a very contemporary and well-resourced primary school.