The story of ‘Marcellin’ began in 1921 with a visit to Randwick by Archbishop Kelly. The Missionaries of the Sacred Heart then asked the Marist Brothers to found the school. Land became available on 4 November 1922 and the most Reverend Dr Sheehan laid the first stone on the new school site. Consequently, Marist Brothers’ School, Randwick opened on 29 January 1923, under the care of Brothers Walstan (Principal), Alphonsus and Aquinas. Today, the College was the first school accredited to provide the Newman Selective Gifted Education Program, offering enrichment opportunities to gifted students and a diverse learning program providing support for students with specific learning needs.