De La Salle Catholic College Cronulla was established on 13 May 1936. The name of the property the Brothers purchased was “Kilkivan Grange” and the house on the property was opened for boarding students. The small school had both primary and secondary classes, and by 1940 presented its first pupils for the Leaving Certificate. Boarding ended in 1957. The college still remains a Year 11–12 school for boys and girls and plays an important role in the community by providing Catholic co-education for students who attend the two Catholic Year 7 to 10 feeder schools, De La Salle Caringbah (boys) and Our Lady of Mercy College Burraneer (girls).
These schools, along with their own Catholic primary feeder schools, ensure that families in the Eastern Sutherland Shire now have a clear pathway of high quality Catholic education.