With the Catholic population of the inner western suburbs of Sydney increased after World War II, the parish of St Patrick’s, Summer Hill was established in 1949. The first parish priest, Monsignor Michael Cronin, arranged for the Sisters of St Joseph (Lochinvar Congregation) to staff a parish school. Twenty six pupils were in Kindergarten and First Class classes when St Patrick’s began on 7 February 1949. Today, St Patrick Summer Hill remains a co-educational primary school from Kindergarten to Year 6.

Read More