St Luke’s School opened in May 1950 with 108 children in Kindergarten, First and Second Classes. There were only two teachers – Sr Fidelmia (Principal) and Sr Albert – and classes were held in the small church, which had to be made ready for Mass each weekend. The Sisters of St Joseph helped staff and educate the school. St Luke’s remains a systemic parish school, co-educational from Kindergarten to Year 6.