St Kevin’s School began in 1924 when the district was still part of the parish of Epping (Eastwood parish was to be established in 1929). The parish priest of Epping, Fr W Stevens, arranged for the Sisters of Mercy (Parramatta Congregation) to staff the school. The school’s first foundation stone was laid on 30 August 1925 by Archbishop Michael Kelly. In 1976 the first lay principal was appointed with the charism and traditions remaining strong as well as the great sense of community.