St Joseph’s Enfield opened in mid-1917 in Fr Considine’s hall. The school was staffed by the Sisters of St Joseph. In 1979 the Sisters of St Joseph withdrew from the school and in 1980 De La Salle Brothers took over the management of the school. In 1989 the De La Sall Brothers withdrew from the school and St Joseph’s became a fully systemic school of the Sydney Catholic Education Office. The first lay principal of the school was appointed in 1991.