St Anthony’s Marsfield was blessed and opened by Archbishop Bernardini on 24 June 1934. The parish priest arranged for the Sisters of Mercy (Parramatta Congregation) to staff the school. In 1984, the school celebrated its Golden Jubilee of 50 years. Two years later, the Daughters of Charity departed the school to focus on local community needs and the first lay principal was then appointed. St Anthony’s remains a co-educational primary school within the Archdiocesan system.