The parish priest and local community worked for the founding of a school at Cabramatta. They arranged for the Sisters of Charity to staff the school and help educate the children. The school bell rang for the first time on 2 February 1935, summoning 75 children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Sacred Heart Primary continues as a systemic school, co-educational from Kindergarten to Year 6. Today, the diverse community of more than forty cultures thrives under one roof in a contemporary learning environment with learning at its heart.