In nearby Guildford, the Sisters of St Joseph had a community and school, and in 1928 two of these Josephites, Srs Flora and Fabian, travelled to Fairfield and began an infants and primary school in an old wooden building in the vicinity of 2 Weston Street. The school was a primary school for girls Kindergarten to Year 6, and boys Kindergarten to Year 3. In 2007, the CEO changed this and allowed the school to become co-educational from Kindergarten to Year 6.