The school began as a church and a school in 1929 by the Sisters of Charity. During the week the building was a school and on weekends it was used as a church. The classes were for girls from Kindergarten to Year 6 and boys Kindergarten to Year 4. The current school is a single-stream co-educational school from Kindergarten to Year 6. The students come from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.