When the new parish of Holy Innocents’ Croydon was established in 1924, the first parish priest, Fr M P Tansey, arranged with the Sisters of Charity to found a parish school. In 1925 the school began, with Sr M Ludovic Mackel (Principal) and Sr M Dorothea Harding as the first teachers. The school opened in February with 55 students. In 1927 the Presentation Sisters took over the management of the school. Today the school builds upon and celebrates the rich traditions and charisms of both the Sisters of Charity and the Presentation Sisters.