Teachers wishing to teach in a Sydney Catholic school need to complete the ‘Registration to Teach’ process before being eligible to apply for a teaching position.
Teachers who must register to teach include:
- Any teacher seeking employment for the first time with the Sydney Catholic Schools (including overseas trained teachers)
- teachers who have been away from teaching in NSW for 5 or more years
- teachers who have been away from teaching in a Sydney Catholic Schools for more than 12 months
- Read the outline of the process – see “How to apply” document
- Gather all required documents
- Complete application form, scan in your documents and submit for processing
If you have any questions please refer to the:
If you have any further enquiries please contact the Recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
* Successful applicants will be issued with an Employee ID once their application has been processed. It helps to have this number before an employment interview.
We will review your application to ensure that you have completed all sections of the application form and attached all required documentation. Your application will be processed as quickly as possible however we advise that there may be a delay of between 2 to 4 weeks and sometimes longer in processing due to the large volume of applications received by Sydney Catholic Schools.
If your application is deemed incomplete, it will be returned to you and you will be asked to resubmit your application as we do not keep records of incomplete applications.
Working With Children Check
Following changes to the Commission for Children and Young Persons Act (2004) the Sydney Catholic Schools Registration to Teach process has been reviewed and revised. Please note there are significant changes to the process. All applicants must complete a “Working With Children Check” through the Office of the Children’s Guardian – please see http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check/apply/apply.