The parish of St Thomas More’s Catholic Primary School Brighton-Le-Sands was proclaimed in November 1937 by Archbishop Kelly. The foundation stone for a new combined school and church was laid on the Feast of Christ the King, 30 October 1938, by Archbishop Norman T Gilroy. The building was completed in 1939 and the Sisters of Charity began conducting classes. Today, the school is a primary school for boys and girls in Kindergarten to Year 6.