St Finbar’s school opened in 1926 when Sans Souci was still part of the parish of Kogarah. The parish priest of Kogarah arranged for the Sisters of St Joseph to open this school. It was the second school which the parish had opened. In 1936, the Sisters of Mercy established a convent in Sans Souci and moved the school. Today, the school continues to teach Kindergarten through Year 6 students.