A church-hall was built in 1957, and this would serve as the first parish school. Fr Crehan arranged for the Sisters of Mercy (North Sydney Congregation) to staff the school. On 28 January 1958, Spiritus Sanctus School began, with 104 pupils enrolled from Kindergarten to Second Class. School was held in the church. There was minimal equipment, and for eight months the children sat on the kneelers and used the seats as desk tops, bobbing up occasionally to read the blackboard. In 1990, the school name was anglicised to become Holy Spirit Primary, and boys were retained to Year 6 so that the school was now co-educational from Kindergarten to Year 6. In 2018, we celebrated 60 years as an outstanding educational community.