- Well above award wage salary
- Short minute walk from Auburn train station or parking is available onsite
- Catering for up to a maximum of 60 children daily aged 3-6 years
Join our committed and enthusiastic team in a brand new state-of-the-art centre. Full-time or Part-time opportunities are available.
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children and their families from our local community.
We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic qualified Early Childhood Teacher to assist in the learning and development of children aged 3-6 within our new Long Day Care centre in Auburn.
Your new role:
As an Early Childhood Teacher you will be required to respond to children’s strengths, interests and needs by developing and implementing a high-quality education and care curriculum for children.
You will provide active leadership to Educators and contribute to the management of the professional learning of staff. The role requires you to build and maintain professional and positive relationships with families of the service while developing collaborative relationships with all staff in the service based on respect, trust & honesty. You will also actively support the organisation’s Catholic identity, philosophy, policies and procedures.
The benefits of working for Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
- Well above award salary package
- A chance to work in one of our impressive and well-resourced new Long Day Care centres with other equally passionate individuals
- Stability & Flexibility = Great Work-Life Balance
- Be part of a rapidly growing network of childcare facilities
To be considered you will have:
- An Early Childhood Teaching approved qualification (i.e. Bachelor of Education)
- NESA Teacher Accreditation
- Ability to work as the 2IC during the Directors absence
- A current First Aid Certificate approved by ACECQA that includes applying first aid, emergency asthma management and anaphylaxis
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk (CHCPRT001)
- A valid Working with Children’s Check
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in children’s services
- Sound, practical working knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development and documenting children’s learning
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a resume and a covering letter addressing suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 7th February 2020