Location: Within schools, CBD and WFH
Commencement Date: Term 1, January 2024
Closing Date: Thursday, 5 October 2023
Capacity: Full-time, 3-year contract
No. of positions: 4
About the role
Reporting to the Supervisor: Teaching and Learning, the Teaching and Learning Coach is responsible for supporting middle leaders in secondary schools with the effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SCS teaching and learning strategy. Delivering high-quality professional learning and coaching to middle leaders including observation and feedback is fundamental to the role.
The role will ensure responsiveness to the needs of schools and networks by supporting school leaders within the network to deliver improvement strategies that build the capacity of leaders and teachers to lift student outcomes. The role is responsible for scaling quality teaching and learning practices across the system and enabling collaboration and sharing.
The Teaching and Learning Coach will be responsible for:
- working with secondary school leaders and teachers in holding responsibility for excellent student outcomes
- working closely with Curriculum Specialists to translate research evidence, identifying emerging practices, and share across SCS
- supporting the development, implementation, and monitoring of school and network improvement plans
- monitoring and providing feedback on school compliance against NESA frameworks
- implementing SCS frameworks to practise across the network of schools
- ensuring excellent professional learning in teaching and learning for school leaders and teachers
- ensuring that the expertise of the Education and Research Directorate is fully engaged to support the assigned schools of the network
- leading effective pedagogical practice within schools, networks and the system
- developing SCS strategies in consultation with school leaders and teachers
- overseeing the execution of agreed goals and objectives in accordance with the SCS Strategic Plan
- managing collaboration with key stakeholders to forecast organisation needs.
What We Offer
In joining Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS), you will be part of the largest Catholic education community in NSW, with a unified vision and shared resources, encompassing over 145 schools and more than 72,000 students.
SCS is recognised for outstanding student achievement, with 9 schools in the top 100 of the HSC rankings and 17 schools placing in the top 150. We focus on enabling a quality preschool to post-school learning journey for every child, supported by a team of dedicated educators and caregivers.
In addition, we offer:
- annual salary of $159,432 + super and salary packaging
- up to 25% discount on school fees for parents of SCS students
- health and wellbeing initiatives and resources
- ex-gratia leave between Christmas and New Year
- generous Employee Referral Program
- ongoing training and development opportunities
- flexible working arrangements
Our ideal candidate is a passionate educator who possesses the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- postgraduate qualifications in Education or related discipline
- minimum of five years experience in a Leadership role with a focus on research methods and their impact on educational practice
- experience in leading a multi-disciplined team and staff in professional learning
- meeting all aspects of the proficient teacher in the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and operating at the level of a highly accomplished/lead teacher in accordance with the NESA teaching standards (although they may not formally hold this accreditation)
- demonstrated ability to articulate contemporary educational trends in both local and international contexts
- proven high-level written, oral and presentation skills
- willingness to respect, support and uphold the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
- experience in a similar position
- demonstrated innovation in an educational facility
- a current driver’s licence.
To apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button and follow the prompts.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- your current resume
- cover letter
If you encounter technical issues or for any general enquiries please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (8am-5pm Mon-Fri).
Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
Click here to access SCS’ Statement of Commitment to Child Safety and join us in creating a culture of child safety and wellbeing.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.