Location: Within schools, CBD and WFH
Commencement Date: Term 1, January 2024
Closing Date: Thursday, 5 October 2023
Capacity: Full-time, 3-year contract
About the role
Reporting to the Manager: Curriculum and Innovation the Supervisor: Teaching and Learning is responsible for supporting the Teaching and Learning Coaches who support schools with the effective implementation of SCS teaching and learning strategy. The role will ensure responsiveness to the needs of schools and networks by supporting school leaders within the network to deliver improvement strategies that build the capacity of leaders and teachers to lift student outcomes. The role plays a key role in identifying best practice across the system to enable collaboration, sharing and scaling of quality teaching and learning practices.
The Supervisor: Teaching and Learning will be a highly effective leader responsible for:
- leading an induction and transition process to operationalise the expertise and impact of Teaching and Learning Coaches
- mentoring Teaching and Learning Coaches working with school leaders and teachers to deliver excellent student outcomes in their network of schools
- offering leadership to the ongoing development of policy and standards practice frameworks within Teaching and Learning
- leading the implementation of SCS frameworks across the network of schools
- developing SCS strategies in consultation with Teaching and Learning Coaches
- managing collaboration across directorates with key stakeholders to forecast organisation needs
- leading the development of research evidence to use and identify emerging practices to test further and share across SCS
- overseeing the interpretation of SCS system-wide school data
- modelling best practice and tracking of strategic improvements
- facilitating and ensuring that the expertise of the Education and Research Directorate are fully engaged to support the assigned schools of the network
- managing oversight of the sharing of effective practice across schools, networks and the system
- developing, implementing and monitoring key performance indicators for direct reports
- working closely with the Manager: Curriculum and Innovation on executing agreed goals and objectives in accordance with the directorate.
What We Offer
In joining Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS), you will be part of the largest Catholic education community in NSW, with a unified vision and shared resources, encompassing over 145 schools and more than 72,000 students.
SCS is recognised for outstanding student achievement, with 9 schools in the top 100 of the HSC rankings and 17 schools placing in the top 150. We focus on enabling a quality preschool to post-school learning journey for every child, supported by a team of dedicated educators and caregivers.
In addition, we offer:
- annual salary of $186,339 super and salary packaging
- up to 25% discount on school fees for parents of SCS students
- health and wellbeing initiatives and resources
- ex-gratia leave between Christmas and New Year
- generous Employee Referral Program
- ongoing training and development opportunities
- flexible working arrangements.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate educator who possesses the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- postgraduate qualifications in Education or related discipline
- minimum of five years experience in a Leadership role with a focus on research methods and their impact on educational practice
- experience in leading a multi-disciplined team and staff in professional learning
- meeting all aspects of the proficient teacher in the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and operating at the level of a highly accomplished/lead teacher in accordance with the NESA teaching standards (although they may not formally hold this accreditation)
- demonstrated ability to articulate contemporary educational trends in both local and international contexts
- proven high-level written, oral and presentation skills
- willingness to respect, support and uphold the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
Additionally, the following is an advantage:
- experience in a similar position
- demonstrated innovation in an educational facility
- strategic planning and organisation of professional learning opportunities for schools
- current driver’s licence.
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button and follow the prompts.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- your current resume
- cover letter.
If you encounter technical issues or for any general enquiries please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (8am-5pm Mon-Fri).
Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
Click here to access SCS’ Statement of Commitment to Child Safety and join us in creating a culture of child safety and wellbeing.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.