Location: Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: By negotiation
Closing Date: 24 January 2021
Number of positions: 1
In 200 years of delivering excellence in education, Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) has grown alongside the city’s dynamic, ever-changing and multicultural landscape with over 150 schools, more than 70,000 students and around 10,000 staff.
The People & Culture Directorate is a highly motivated, continuous improvement team focused on supporting our employees with strategic and tactical people initiatives and programs of work.
We continue to provide support to our school community through collaboration, and delivering purposeful and value-driven work.
At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
We are looking for an influencer and driver of change that can provide professional guidance and direction within the recruitment function of the People & Culture Operations team as well as support with a strategic people lens to drive employee engagement, capability development and retention.
The Recruitment team represents the People and Culture team by partnering directly with internal and external stakeholders. This role will help build internal recruitment capability and partner with people leaders to develop and maintain long-term relationships in order to achieve outcomes that are both focused on building a strong reputational employer brand and operationally practical.
Our ideal candidate will be resilient, highly adaptable, and flexible as this role evolves to meet the needs of the organisation within a changing landscape.
Come join our People & Culture team as we embark on supporting our system of 150 schools in teaching and learning.
Reporting to the Manager: People & Culture Operations, this role is responsible for:
- Designing and implementing the recruitment strategy
- Leadership capability by working with their direct team to build resources that coach and mentor leaders through:
- best practice recruitment strategies
- communicating the end to end recruitment process
- embedding assessment tools that support data-driven insights on candidate applications
- designing an interactive system that supports a positive end-user experience
- Coaching leaders and managers in their application of employment relations policies and the management of human resources processes throughout the recruitment processes.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote and encourage relevant employment programs aligned with SCS strategy and People and Culture business plan.
- Identify ways of improving human resources capability, practices and processes and escalate with appropriate stakeholders for implementation.
- Prepare training material and deliver specific training internally, as required.
- Connect managers, supervisors and school leaders with internal/external stakeholders and providers to fulfil additional training needs.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Proven experience in leading a team of Recruitment Specialists across multi-disciplinary organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing a recruitment strategy focused on best practice.
- Extensive experience in customer service.
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of recruitment platforms and media outlets.
- Advanced knowledge of performance evaluation procedures.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities.
- Highly motivated, results-driven and innovative thinker.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Tertiary qualification/s in Human Resources Management or other relevant fields desirable.
We welcome applications from suitably qualified and experienced personnel from regional, central offices and school-based employees.
To be considered for this opportunity, please CLICK HERE and follow the steps to submit your application (including your resume and cover letter).
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools Ltd employee, please CLICK HERE.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org