Sydney Catholic Schools has been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff, and a large alumni community.
We are an inclusive organisation looking for people who have the willingness to respect, support, and uphold the mission, ethos, and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
Location: World Square, 680 George Street, Sydney (agile working environment with a hybrid of work-from-home and office)
Commencement Date: Immediate Start (or by negotiation)
Closing Date: Thursday, 30 June 2022
Capacity: Full time, permanent
Number of positions: 1
We are seeking a Supervisor: Project Delivery who will directly manage the delivery of the approved program of Major Capital works ($150 m annually) across Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) portfolio. The function is responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the project delivery team and liaises closely with the schools and leadership team to develop and implement all Major Capital Works to ensure timely delivery and management of expenditure against project budgets.
As a Supervisor: Project Delivery, your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Managing and driving the delivery of the Major Capital works projects and budget expenditure in line with the SCS budget and timeframes.
- Ensuring that sustainability, environmental and safety objectives are incorporated into the project planning and project delivery across the capital works program.
- Managing the development of master programs, tender submissions, project delivery and handover plans for the delivery of capital works projects.
- Ensuring contract documentation is reflective of contract risk level and issued in a timely manner.
- Ensuring a high level of compliance to Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality obligations across the whole program of works.
- Ensuring the methods used in sourcing and contracting for project deliverables are best practice and are consistent with SCS procurement guidelines and directions.
- Acting as a key management representative in responding to the requirements of internal clients, participating in meetings and presentations as required to maintain effective communication on budgets, risk, program, other key project design and delivery parameters.
- Manage the engagement between the Major Projects and the Facilities team to capture the necessary information required for the ongoing management of the asset.
- Reviewing and managing contract terms and conditions, negotiations with suppliers and contractors and providing expert advice where required.
- Review and identify deficiencies in existing program/system design and make recommendations regarding modifications and enhancements to optimise use of funds and resources.
- Integrating benchmarking and best practice approaches to the Project Delivery Team including continuous improvement of project management practices, business processes and service outcomes including detailed risk assessments as part of project planning, delivery and handover.
- Conducting post implementation reviews of projects to capture and implement lessons learnt on further design and delivery of works, consultant and contractor quality/compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislative and statutory requirements.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with the other Supervisors (Planning and Asset Maintenance), Directors, Manager, Systems Performance Executives and Principals relating to planned and in-action works.
- Establishing and communicating expected outcomes and goals for direct reports.
- Authorising payments of invoices (suppliers and contractors).
- Be on call for emergencies.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Project Management, Engineering or other related discipline.
- Operational experience in a property management or property maintenance & Capital works environment. Must have at least 5-10 years operational and supervisory experience.
- Effective Management of annual capital budgets.
- Relevant qualifications and experience in project planning and delivery in building, architecture or related discipline.
- Experienced in assessing and providing technical advice with respect to managing properties and construction.
- Knowledge of current educational facilities design and an appreciation of the link between contemporary pedagogy and space is beneficial.
- Competent working with a range of specialist software packages such as Microsoft Office (for reports, presentations and budget control); and project management software such as Aconex to assist in tracking project delivery.
- Knowledge of a range of all legislative requirements relevant to the planning, development and operation of schools.
- Experienced in collaborating in teams delivering innovative business cases and plans within strictly controlled timelines and system budgets.
- Experienced in managing government tender procurement processes, including tender negotiations and contract administration.
- Must be a strong team player with experience and demeanour that encourages and inspires high performing teams
In addition, the successful candidate must have:
- A good understanding of the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and NCC .
- current driver’s licence and be able to travel across Sydney
- Willingness to respect, support and uphold the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
To apply for this position please CLICK APPLY NOW and follow the prompts.
For any internal candidates please apply via your ‘Careers tile’ in Employee Self Service
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter highlighting your experience in meeting the responsibilities of this role
- Covid Vaccine Certificate
If you encounter technical issues or for any general enquiries please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri) and quote position number 1910.
Please note: This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment. It involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct. Also, as a permanent position, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education and Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.