Location: Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: Immediate start or by negotiation
Closing Date: 13 July 2020
Capacity: Full-time – Permanent
Number of positions: 1
Who are we?
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 150 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates more than 70,000 students. Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
Reporting to the Manager: Property and Facilities, this role is responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the project delivery team and liaises closely with the schools and leadership team to develop and implement coordination plans for all capital projects to ensure timely delivery and management of expenditure against project budgets. The Supervisor: Project Delivery directly manages the approved program of capital works ($100 m annually) across SCS properties.
The Supervisor: Project Delivery will be responsible for:
- Overall risk management of the program of capital work.
- Quality and budget of works.
- Oversee the management and appointment of consultants, architects and builders.
- Acting as a key management representative in responding to the requirements of internal clients, participating in meetings and presentations as required to maintain effective communication on budgets, project parameters and delivery.
- Ensuring the methods used in sourcing and contracting for project deliverables are best practice and are consistent with SCS procurement guidelines and directions.
- Ensuring that sustainability and environmental objectives are incorporated into the business planning and project development processes across the capital works program.
- Developing master programs, tender submissions, project delivery and handover plans for the delivery of capital works projects.
- Driving the delivery of the capital projects and budget expenditure in line with the SCS budget guidelines and timeframes.
- Overseeing the development of project-related business case budget submissions.
- Ensuring that performance criteria and objectives are developed to maximise the potential and performance of staff including carrying out periodic performance appraisals ensuring continuous feedback and performance improvement.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislative and statutory requirements.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Tertiary qualifications in Architecture or Project Management or related discipline.
- 5 years professional experience in related fields.
- Knowledge of a range of all legislative requirements relevant to the planning, development and operation of schools.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully initiate, coordinate and deliver capital projects and complex minor works programs.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to work in complex and dynamic environments.
- Experienced in managing government tender procurement processes, including tender negotiations and contract administration.
- Experienced in collaborating in teams delivering innovative business cases and plans within strictly controlled timelines and system budgets.
- Experienced in assessing and providing technical advice with respect to managing properties.
- Ability to analyse cost effectiveness of a project to ensure projects represent equitable solutions for need and good stewardship of the systems resources.
- Knowledge of current educational facilities design and an appreciation of the link between contemporary pedagogy and space.
Please APPLY HERE and follow the steps to complete your application and be considered for this opportunity.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.