Location: Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: Immediate start or by negotiation
Closing Date: 13 July 2020
Capacity: Full-time – Permanent.
Number of positions: 1
Who are we?
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 150 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates more than 70,000 students. Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
Reporting to the Manager: Property and Facilities, this role is responsible for organising and managing maintenance services across the SCS enterprise, including all equipment, buildings and landscaping on an efficient and cost-effective basis, and compliance with relevant legislation.
The Supervisor: Asset Maintenance will be responsible for:
- Ensure and coordinate full site audits and reviews including quality and risk assessment and maintenance budget preparation.
- Implement efficiencies in systems and enhance performance of the SCS maintenance function across all sites.
- Adhere to, review and implement the maintenance budget assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislative and statutory requirements.
- Coordinate and organise maintenance administration, provide and keep current a comprehensive equipment index and maintenance audit system linked to relevant standards.
- Manage, organise and monitor the performance of direct reports.
- Investigate, assess the benefits and provide recommendations for an asset management system including electronic scheduling of work.
- Organise quotes/tenders for work or contracted services required.
- Coordinate the setting of priorities for repairs and capital work between divisional managers.
- Assist the Procurement team towards the successful appointment of contractors in relation to equipment and building services.
- Maintain an understanding of Work Health and Safety.
- Provide design and specification input into future project work to optimise the future performance of SCS facilities as requested.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Tertiary qualifications in Architecture or Project Management or related discipline.
- 3 years professional experience in related fields.
- Effective Management of annual capital budgets.
- Significant capacity to lead and mentor a team, developing expertise in contemporary design, building, sustainable and safe work practices.
- Experience in collaborating in teams delivering innovative and sustainable projects within strictly controlled timelines and system budgets.
- Experience in assessing and providing technical advice with respect to asset and facilities management of properties.
- Ability to analyse cost effectiveness of a project to ensure projects represent equitable solutions for need and good stewardship of the systems resources.
- Knowledge of current educational facilities design and an appreciation of the link between contemporary pedagogy and space.
- Capable of collaboratively resolving complex problems with initiative, analysis and evaluation, and creativity.
- Knowledge of a range of all legislative requirements relevant to the planning, development and operation of schools including.
Please APPLY HERE and follow the steps to complete your application and be considered for this opportunity.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via email@example.com
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.