In 200 years of delivering excellence in education, Sydney Catholic Schools ‘SCS’ has grown alongside the city’s dynamic, ever-changing, multicultural landscape. With 150 schools, more than 70,000 students, and around 10,000 staff, we are a thriving community of communities.
The Strategic Projects Officer is responsible for partnering with educational experts to manage the development, implementation and monitoring of project plans and phases, in relation to the SCS strategic plan. The role includes the coordination of various activities and resources associated with achieving project objectives.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective leader responsible for:
- Collaborating with educational experts to plan, execute and evaluate strategic initiatives and projects.
- Undertaking project planning, analysis, integration of project activities, and evaluate the impact of projects and initiatives.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring project services in consultation with stakeholders to ensure identified needs are met.
- Assisting in coordinating, organising and promoting the activities identified within programs.
- Providing project advice, information, and status, including preparation of correspondence and policy responses, for the SCS Trust Board.
- Providing the Director with support for project governance groups to ensure effective implementation of project objectives within the established timeframes and allocated budget.
- Proactively building and maintaining positive relationships, including consultation, negotiation and communication with internal and external clients, networks, stakeholders and service providers.
- Managing liaison, communication and coordination with teams contributing to projects across and beyond the Education and Research Directorate.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Project Management Qualifications and/or Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business, Education or other Discipline.
- Ability to address and meet focus capabilities, as stated in the Role Description.
- A minimum of five years of experience in managing and delivering projects.
- Outstanding project management and people management skills.
- Ability to apply appropriate project planning methodology.
- Natural problem solver and strategic thinker, with excellent decision-making skills.
- Experienced in using data analysis to inform initiatives.
- Willingness to respect, support, and uphold the mission, ethos, and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
To apply for this position please click on the APPLY button and follow the prompts.
For any internal candidates please apply via your ‘Careers tile’ in Employee Self Service.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter
If you encounter technical issues or for any general enquiries please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri).
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration.