The Strategic Projects Officer role is part of an expanding team responsible for partnering with educational experts to manage the development, implementation and monitoring of project plans and phases, in relation to the SCS strategic plan. Reporting to the Supervisor: Educational Strategic Projects, the role includes the coordination of various activities and resources associated with achieving project objectives.
Join Sydney Catholic Schools at a rapid time of growth in this exciting role and make a difference to the education of over 70,000 students across Sydney!
Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with educational experts to plan, execute and evaluate strategic initiatives and projects
- Undertaking project planning, analysis, integration of project activities, and evaluate the impact of projects and initiatives
- Developing, implementing and monitoring project services in consultation with stakeholders to ensure identified needs are met
- Assisting in coordinating, organising and promoting the activities identified within programs
- Providing project advice, information, and status, including preparation of correspondence and policy responses, for the SCS Trust Board
- Providing the Director with support for project governance groups to ensure effective implementation of project objectives within the established timeframes and allocated budget
- Proactively build and maintain positive relationships, including consultation, negotiation and communication with internal and external clients, networks, stakeholders and service providers
- Managing liaison, communication and coordination with teams contributing to projects across and beyond the Education and Research Directorate
To be successful in this role, you will have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Project Management Qualifications and/or Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business, Education or other relevant Discipline
- Ability to address and meet focus capabilities, as stated in the Role Description.
- A minimum of five years of experience in managing and delivering projects
- Outstanding project management and people management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to apply appropriate project planning methodology
- Natural problem solver and strategic thinker, with excellent decision-making skills
- Experienced in using data analysis to inform initiatives
- An ability to collaborate across a wide range of stakeholders, ensuring all needs are met
- Excellent computer skills
- Current driver’s licence
- Willingness to respect, support, and uphold the mission, ethos, and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
Benefits to you
- Salary of $139,168 + Superannuation
- NFP salary packaging up to $15,900 every year
- Flexible and hybrid work options available
To apply for this position please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools Ltd employee, please CLICK HERE to apply.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter
Closing Date: Sunday 8th August 2021, at 11:59pm
General Enquiries: Please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri).
Please note: This is a child-related position, and a Working with Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct. Also, as a permanent position, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
**Currently based in Leichhardt but will be relocating to a Sydney CBD location later in the year
About Sydney Catholic Schools
In 200 years of delivering excellence in education, Sydney Catholic Schools ‘SCS’ has grown alongside the city’s dynamic, ever-changing, multicultural landscape. With 150 schools, more than 70,000 students, and around 10,000 staff, we are a thriving community of communities.