- Brand New opportunity to join our IT & System Integration team
- Permanent full time opportunity within a collaborative team environment
- Are you a Cyber Security expert wanting to join the Education sector in 2021?
Utilise your exposure in security solutions and technologies working alongside an expert who will assist in guiding you in this new function.
In 200 years of delivering excellence in education, Sydney Catholic Schools ‘SCS’ has grown alongside the city’s dynamic, ever-changing, multicultural landscape. With 150 schools, more than 70,000 students, and around 10,000 staff, we are a thriving community of communities.
Security Engineer is responsible for analysing and responding to cyber security incidents identified within Sydney Catholic Schools. This position will manage and coordinate security data collection, forensic analysis and compliance.
For more details on the position, please request a copy of the role description.
The Security Engineer is responsible for supporting many different stakeholders within the organisation relating to any incidents, assisting in updating the processes and procedures of these incidents and communicating improvements or updates amongst all stakeholders.
Reporting to the Manager: IT, the position will manage ICT system security configuration standards and infrastructure security compliance.
This position offers a salary package of $133,000 + with additional NFP salary packaging of up to a maximum of $15,900 every year.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- ITIL version 3 Foundation Certificate.
- Experience in providing security incident responses and management
- Understanding of tools, techniques and procedures that modern attackers use to compromise organisations
- Great stakeholder management experience with the ability to make important decisions
- Experience in security solution and technologies such as:
- Operating systems – Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
- Networking packet flow/TCP/UDP traffic, Firewall, and proxy technologies
- Cloud and SaaS solutions
- Data security and encryption
- Anti-virus, static and dynamic malware analysis techniques
- Proactive IT security management and incident response experience
- Willingness to respect, support, and uphold the mission, ethos, and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to address and meet focus capabilities, as stated in the Role Description
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE and follow the prompts.
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools Ltd employee, please CLICK HERE to apply.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter addressing your relevant experience
Closing Date: 8 February 2021 at 11.59 pm
General Enquiries: Please contact Simone Esposito, referencing the advertised position and requisition number, via email to email@example.com
If you encounter technical issues please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri).
Please note: This is a child-related position, and a Working with Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct. Also, as a permanent position, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.