- Ashfield Location
- Contract opportunity
- Requirement to teach Mathematics Stages 4,5 &
Start date: Term 2, 2021
Close date: Friday, 23 April 2021
About Our College:
In 200 years of delivering excellence in education, Sydney Catholic Schools ‘SCS’ has grown alongside the city’s dynamic, ever-changing, multicultural landscape. With 150 schools, more than 70,000 students, and around 10,000 staff, we are a thriving community of communities.
Bethlehem College is an important part of the SCS community. Located in the culturally diverse inner west, our College has been educating young women for 140 years. We proudly offer a differentiated curriculum with our Newman selective stream for those girls who wish to be challenged. At the same time, our Learning Support team is committed to meeting the needs of all students.
Our college vision, “Growing Learners: every teacher, every student, every lesson,” is realised through dynamic teaching and personalised learning giving each girl the opportunity for independent thinking and self-discipline.
We invite a talented and suitably qualified and experienced educator who has a passion for girls’ education. To be considered for the role you will have:
- A strong commitment to the mission of Catholic Education and a willingness to actively support and promote the Catholic, religious, academic and pastoral dimensions of College life;
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and be approved to teach in NSW;
- Knowledge of the relevant curriculum and experience teaching Mathematics Stages 4, 5 & 6 is essential;
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary pedagogical practices;
- A commitment to academic excellence;
- An understanding of and ability to differentiate curriculum and assessment;
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to critically reflect on their own teaching practice;
- A willingness to be involved in the College’s co-curricular activities;
Applicants for this position are asked to ensure the following documentation is submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date:
- A letter of application addressed to the Principal, outlining your suitability for the position.
- A current Curriculum Vitae including experience, qualifications, academic transcripts, Working With Children Check Number and at least 3 referees, including your current employer.
Written application must include:
- A letter of application addressed to the Principal which directly addresses the essential criteria
- A CV which includes current contact details for three referees
- An Employee ID registration number with Sydney Catholic Schools or commitment to obtaining one prior to interview
- A current Working with Children Check (WWCC)