At St James Catholic Primary School, Glebe, we are seeking a School Support Officer 6 (SSO6) to support the delivery of quality learning and teaching within a Catholic school context. This role is a level 6 (maternity leave) positions working 30 hours per week over 4 days. The SSO6 will coordinate office administration, perform the higher level office duties as directed by the School Principal. Looking for someone to start from 19 August 2021.
- Minimum 5 years administrative/clerical experience
- Experience in a team leader/supervisor or personal/executive assistant role
- Experience in financial/administrative management
- Working With Children Check & aptitude to work in a primary school
Knowledge, Skills and experience
- Commitment to the ethos of a Catholic school
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility, initiative and responsiveness with an ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Higher-order knowledge of financial/clerical management functions
- Strong administrative skills to coordinate and manage a range of tasks
- Preparation and dissemination of a variety of communications that enable staff to be informed of school operational issues that affect them and the provision of opportunities for staff to communicate effectively with the leadership team
- Ensuring that procedures are documented, that there is consistency in practice and regular review involving all stakeholders
- Reception and general office duties
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to be flexible in a complex environment
- Establishing and maintaining internal reporting procedures for the coordination of repairs
- Organisation and management of contracts for installations and maintenance to school property and school grounds and the ongoing monitoring of this work to ensure contractual obligations are met
- Able to respond to sensitive issues and maintain confidence
- Experience with or openness to engaging with emerging technologies, including Microsoft Office software, Google Chrome, Compass, CiAnywhere
- The SSO6 will hold a current first aid certificate, may be responsible for dispensing of medicines, and will contact of parents in the event of sickness or emergency
How to Apply
Applicants must have current working rights in Australia. Applications should be addressed to the Principal – Enrica Bova and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org which must include the following:
- Resume (Work history, educational qualifications, other relevant professional and personal experiences. Include at least 2 or more referees and mobile numbers.
- Cover Letter (Introduce yourself, the reasons for applying for the position and why you are a highly suitable candidate.)