- Attractive Work hours
- Join a well-established large team and grow your IT Career.
- Great opportunities to work in different locations across Sydney
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) has been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff, and a large alumni community.
Due to Internal movement and promotions, we have a number of positions available across our schools.
We have several opportunities available for professional and confident School ICT Officers to play an integral part in the life of our schools. The School ICT Officer is the first point of technical contact within a delegation of schools and networks.
To reward your efforts, you will work with an organisation that is always innovating to meet the education sector’s evolving needs, providing supportive team environments, exceeding expectations through collaboration, and delivering purposeful and value-driven work.
- Act as the first point of technical contact for school staff responding to jobs to resolve end-user computing, data network, classroom audiovisual, and IT systems issues in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Participate in the deployment of various ICT projects.
- Audit and maintain the schools’ entire network, end-user devices, systems and record work in an electronic format.
- Liaise with the Supervisor of the Network and School Executives to assess the ICT needs within the schools.
- Obtain quotations on hardware, assets and software as required through SCS Sydney approved suppliers.
- Ensure software licensing is current and a register of the software is consistently maintained to a high level of accuracy.
- ICT asset management (both hardware and software)
- Managing a strict backup schedule and ensuring adherence to offsite backup procedures.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- a Post-secondary and/or relevant industry certification, eg. MSCA, CCNA, Aruba
- strong demonstrated experience as an IT Systems Integration Technician or Microsoft Server Administration
- networking and VoIP skills
- knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems
- strong Knowledge of Windows server applications, Back-up systems, Redundancy systems installation and maintenance
- Exceptional relationship-building skills and customer service excellence.
- understanding of ITIL v3/4 Foundation framework
- proficiency across all aspects of OSI layers
- flexibility and initiative in managing workflow with an ability to prioritise competing tasks
- ability to work autonomously
- a Current driver’s licence and daily access to a car.
Benefits to you
- Salary of $75,961 + Super
- Option of NFP salary packaging up to $15,900 every year
- Continuous learning and training opportunities
Submit your application via the “Apply Now” button and follow the steps to complete your application.
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools Ltd employee, please apply via the ‘Careers’ tile via Employee Self Service.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter addressing your suitability to the role
Please note, if you are shortlisted, you will be required to pass a technical knowledge test prior to being interviewed.
Closing Date: Sunday 28th November 2021, at 11:59pm
General Enquiries: Please contact the People and Culture services team referencing the advertised position via email to email@example.com
Please note: This is a child-related position, and a Working with Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct. Also, as a permanent position, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
About Sydney Catholic Schools
In 200 years of delivering excellence in education, Sydney Catholic Schools ‘SCS’ has grown alongside the city’s dynamic, ever-changing, multicultural landscape. With 150 schools, more than 70,000 students, and around 10,000 staff, we are a thriving community of communities.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.