An exciting opportunity exists to join Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Waterloo, where our Catholic beliefs and values are an important part of our culture.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Finance/Administrative Senior Support Officer to work in the busy school office commencing Term 1, 2021. (Or possibly earlier by negotiation)
Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Waterloo is a Christ-centred community committed to developing students with active and creative minds, a sense of understanding and compassion for others, and a positive vision for the future.
OLMC is a single stream school catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. In partnership with parents, we provide students with authentic personalised learning experiences that challenge and extend each student. The school offers an after-school care facility on the site.
Reporting to the Principal in the role of Senior School Support Officer and working collaboratively with the School Leadership Team, staff, and parents. Applications need to be submitted by email to Commercial Manager, Natasa Dzinkic, addressing the above criteria.
The email address is email@example.com. A brief curriculum vitae listing experience is required; please include the names of two referees (one should be your current Principal).
Applications close at 3,00pm, 29th October 2020.
The role will require:
- Focus on administering the school budget and finances in collaboration with the Principal
- The ability to work autonomously with minimal direction to set deadlines and timeframes
- Interacting positively within the team to assist all team members and a helpful and cooperative approach to parents, students, and staff at all times.
- Engagement with all school processes including PHRIS, WHS, staffing, maintenance of facilities, and administrative support
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Providing financial and administrative management of the office to the Leadership team and teaching staff
- Working closely with the Principal on finance administration including maintenance of school budgets and finances
- Providing financial management support following both Sydney Catholic Schools and Receipting, Banking and Accounting policies and procedures
- Maintaining financial records and compiling financial accounts
- Maintaining the integrity of the Chart of Accounts
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Managing internal/external audits
- Providing regular budget/school fee reports as required
- Ensuring accurate fee structures in place/managing all school fees related tasks
- Liaising with suppliers/creditors as required & manage payments
- Assisting the Principal & staff as required
- Attending to front office inquiries
- Managing communications and events for the school community
- Ensuring effective school administration processes are maintained in the areas of
- PHRIS, WHS, staffing, maintenance of facilities, and administrative support
Essential skills and experience include:
- Experience with SAS
- Experience of at least one year in a similar role
- Strong demonstrated experience with high-level administration and accounting systems
- Confident & advanced use of computer programs including MS Office and / or Google suite
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with minimal direction to set deadlines and time frames
- A flexible and service orientated approach Team focused and the ability to support multiple stakeholders
- Ability to communicate with culturally diverse students and parents showing compassion and patience.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Experience within Sydney Catholic Schools Experience with Compass
- First Aid
- The successful applicant will thrive on working in a fast-paced setting and possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
This position is classified as child-related employment. The successful applicant is required to obtain a Working with Children Check Clearance before the commencement
We are excited about welcoming the right candidate into our team, so if you are ticking all the boxes above we would love to hear from you.