Location: Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: Immediate start or by negotiation
Closing Date: 26 September 2020
Capacity: Full-time – Permanent
Number of positions: 1
Who are we?
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 150 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates more than 70,000 students. Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
The School Finance Business Partner provides targeted financial advice, guidance, assistance and operational support to schools within Sydney Catholic Schools and the Archdiocese of Sydney.
The School Finance Business Partner is required to perform tasks which include but are not limited to:
- Working with assigned schools providing assistance and advice on all financial matters such as: budgets, procurement, fee collections, capital works, repairs and maintenance
- Provide financial mentoring to school principals and staff
- Analyse school expenditures, patterns and advising on cost saving opportunities
- Prepare reports on financial performance of assigned schools
- Participate actively in school staffing and census process
- Provide on-site support to users of SAS (School Administration System)
- Provide on-site support to users of PHRIS (Payroll/HR system)
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Act as the lead by providing direction to team members on specific subjects
- Any other duties as directed from time to time.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting/Business – Majoring in Accounting.
- CPA/CA/CIMA qualified (or working towards).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance/accounting roles.
- Thorough knowledge of contemporary accounting processes, policies and practices.
- Highly developed communication and group presentation skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience in customer service and liaising with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities and responsibilities with proven attention to detail.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE.
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools Ltd employee, please CLICK HERE to apply.
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.