Location: St Michael’s Catholic Primary School, Lane Cove |K-6| 527 Students
Commencement Date: 27 January 2021
Closing Date: 28 October 2020
As a member of the school leadership team, the Religious Education Coordinator shares responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. The Religious Education Coordinator has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education. This position requires an outstanding educator with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
St Michael’s Catholic Primary School Lane Cove is a Catholic systemic parish primary school within the Archdiocese of Sydney. The core values of the school are based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ and the charism of Catherine McAuley. The school’s mission is to be an authentic faith and learning community who will ‘Love God, Love Others and Love Learning’. The school strives to provide a nurturing learning environment with high expectations for all. St Michael’s Catholic Primary School Lane Cove aims to maximise learning outcomes and opportunities by implementing an inclusive and effective school-wide pedagogy with differentiated learning, intervention and gifted programs. Students are supported to act responsibly and authentic student voice and leadership are valued. Challenging students to be the best they can be whilst preparing them to be responsible global citizens is what makes St Michael’s a great place to learn.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective and Catholic leader who:
- Is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of the Catholic school;
- Is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and / or system level;
- Is committed to working closely with the Priests and the parish community;
- Can lead the preparation of liturgies and celebrations;
- Is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation;
- Is a strong, contemporary leader of learning, with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy that focuses on improving student learning;
- Is a person who can effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships;
- Can analyse and use data to inform learning and engage in future planning;
- Has an understanding of, and ability to differentiate, curriculum;
- Has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages;
- Is adaptable in working within a ‘shared leadership’ model.
The successful candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
- Has completed, or has evidence of, study toward a Graduate Diploma or Master of Religious Education/Theology;
- Has Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation (6.5);
- Demonstrates the standard descriptors at Lead Teacher Level, in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers;
- Post graduate units of study in Leadership (Advantageous).
- Experience in other senior school leadership positions (Advantageous).
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE and follow the prompts.
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools Ltd employee, please CLICK HERE to apply.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Parish Priest Reference
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
To know and love Christ through learning
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration