Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR l 7-12 l 616 Students
De La Salle College Revesby Heights
Commencement Date: Term 1, 2022
Closing Date: Sunday, 23 January 2022
As a member of the school leadership team, the Religious Education Coordinator shares responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. The Religious Education Coordinator has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education. This position requires an outstanding educator with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
De La Salle College Revesby Heights has the advantage of being a small secondary school with strong community support. Our nurturing environment is tailored to learning and co-curricular needs and engenders a sense of belonging in our boys.
We are a Newman Selective Education School that sets high academic expectations of our students and our dedicated teachers deliver high-quality, boys-focussed education. This culminates in outstanding results in NAPLAN and the Higher School Certificate, setting our boys up for success, now, and in the future.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective and Catholic leader who:
- is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of Catholic schools
- is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and / or system level
- is committed to working closely with the priests and the parish community
- can lead the preparation of liturgies and celebrations
- is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- is a strong, contemporary leader of learning, with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy that focuses on improving student learning
- is a person who can effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships
- can analyse and use data to inform learning and engage in future planning
- has an understanding of, and ability to differentiate, curriculum
- has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages
- is adaptable in working within a ‘shared-leadership’ model.
The successful candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
For any enquiries, please contact the Mission and Identity team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Evidence
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration.