MARY IMMACULATE CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL, BOSSLEY PARK
Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Location: Mary Immaculate Catholic Primary School, Bossley Park
Commencement Date: ASAP (Negotiable)
Closing Date: 3 March 2021
As a member of the school leadership team, the Religious Education Coordinator shares responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. The Religious Education Coordinator has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education. This position requires an outstanding educator with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Mary Immaculate Catholic Primary School Bossley Park is a dynamic school with an enduring sense of Catholic community. We provide opportunities that ensure students are equipped to make a difference, are inspired to learn, can creatively problem solve and are successful learners for life. Our passionate staff design learning experiences that enable students to build relationships and a positive learning disposition; developing courage, curiosity, trust, playfulness and confidence. This dedication to outcomes ensures our educators support our young people to reach their potential and prepares them for an exciting future.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective and Catholic leader who:
- Is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of the Catholic school;
- Is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and/or system level;
- Is committed to working closely with the Priests and the parish community;
- Can lead the preparation of liturgies and celebrations;
- Is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation;
- Is a strong, contemporary leader of learning, with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy that focuses on improving student learning;
- Is a person who can effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships;
- Can analyse and use data to inform learning and engage in future planning;
- Has an understanding of, and ability to differentiate, curriculum;
- Has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages;
- Is adaptable in working within a ‘shared leadership’ model.
The successful candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
- Completed, or has evidence of, study toward a Graduate Diploma or Master of Religious Education/Theology;
- Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation (6.5);
- Demonstrates the standard descriptors at Lead Teacher Level, in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers;
- Postgraduate units of study in Leadership (Advantageous).
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE and follow the prompts.
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools Ltd employee, please CLICK HERE to apply.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Parish Priest Reference
For any enquiries, please contact the Mission and Identity Team by emailing to email@example.com
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
To know and love Christ through learning
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration