Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR l K-6 l 192 Students
St Paul of the Cross Catholic Primary School Dulwich Hill
Commencement Date: Term 1, 28 January 2022
Closing Date: Tuesday, 30 November 2021
As a member of the school leadership team, the Religious Education Coordinator shares responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. The Religious Education Coordinator has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education. This position requires an outstanding educator with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
St Paul of the Cross Catholic Primary School Dulwich Hill offers a contemporary learning environment that is faith filled, safe and respectful, supported by highly effective teachers whose practice is grounded in research. A culture of inquiry and innovation promotes excellent teaching and learning, while social justice initiatives and co-curricular opportunities allow children a variety of educational experiences.
Together with a supportive parent community, our warm and welcoming environment ensures children have a wonderful school experience that provides a foundation for lifelong learning.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective and Catholic leader who:
- is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of Catholic schools
- is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and / or system level
- is committed to working closely with the priests and the parish community
- can lead the preparation of liturgies and celebrations
- is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- is a strong, contemporary leader of learning, with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy that focuses on improving student learning
- is a person who can effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships
- can analyse and use data to inform learning and engage in future planning
- has an understanding of, and ability to differentiate, curriculum
- has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages
- is adaptable in working within a ‘shared-leadership’ model.
The successful candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
To apply for this position please click the Apply button and follow the prompts.
For any internal candidates please apply via your ‘Careers tile’ in Employee Self Service.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
For any enquiries, please contact the Mission and Identity team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Evidence
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration.