Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR l K-6 l 195 Students
St Thomas More’s Catholic Primary School Brighton-Le-Sands
Commencement Date: Immediate start or by negotiation
Closing Date: Wednesday, 8 February 2023
As a member of the school leadership team, an exciting opportunity exists for a Religious Education Coordinator who will share responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. This role has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education. We are looking for an outstanding educator with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
St Thomas More’s Catholic Primary School Brighton-Le-Sands is built on strong relationships. Teachers know students individually, parents are supportive of the school and our relationship with the parish ensures we are a faith-filled community in which children respect themselves and each other. We have a challenging and encouraging learning program and large, open spaces to allow children to explore, play and express themselves. Our welcoming approach and dedicated team foster a love of learning so that every child can go on to make a difference in the world.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective Catholic leader who:
- is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of Catholic schools
- is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and/or system level
- is committed to working closely with the priests and the parish community
- can lead the preparation of liturgies and celebrations
- is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- is a strong, contemporary leader of learning, with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy that focuses on improving student learning
- can effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships
- can analyse and use data to inform learning and engage in future planning
- has an understanding of, and ability to differentiate, curriculum
- has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages
- is adaptable in working within a ‘shared-leadership’ model.
The successful candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
- has completed, or has evidence of, study toward a Graduate Diploma or Master of Religious Education, Theology or Theological Studies from an approved institution
- has requirements of (Category E) in the Accreditation Policy to Work Teach and Lead in Sydney Catholic Schools or agree to meet these requirements in your first contract term
- demonstrates the standard descriptors at lead teacher level, in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- post graduate units of study in leadership (advantageous).
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete.
To complete the application process you will need to attach the following:
For any enquiries, please contact the Mission and Identity team by emailing email@example.com.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration.