Location: St Anne’s Catholic Primary School, Strathfield South
Commencement Date: 27 January 2021
Closing Date: 24 August 2020
As a member of the school leadership team, the Religious Education Coordinator shares responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. The Religious Education Coordinator has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education. This position requires an outstanding educator with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
St Anne’s Catholic School occupies the historic site of St Anne’s Square, symbolising our integral place within the celebrating community of St Anne’s Catholic Parish, Strathfield South. The school and parish share the same motto: Love of God and People, and we enjoy the support, collaboration and prayers of our Parish Priest, Monsignor Greg Flynn, and members of the broader parish. The role of the Religious Education Coordinator, in leading Religious Education pedagogy and content, is a high profile one across the school, requiring an aptitude for effective communication and coordination with the other school leaders, the Parish Priest and the Family Educator. It is our school expectation that the Religious Education Coordinator collaborates with all class teachers through cooperative planning, through modelled and shared teaching, and through facilitating professional learning opportunities.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective and Catholic leader who:
- Is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of the Catholic school;
- Is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and / or system level;
- Is committed to working closely with the Priests and the parish community;
- Can lead the preparation of liturgies and celebrations;
- Is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation;
- Is a strong, contemporary leader of learning, with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy that focuses on improving student learning;
- Is a person who can effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships;
- Can analyse and use data to inform learning and engage in future planning;
- Has an understanding of, and ability to differentiate, curriculum;
- Has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages;
- Is adaptable in working within a ‘shared leadership’ model.
The successful candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
- Has completed, or has evidence of, study toward a Graduate Diploma or Master of Religious Education/Theology;
- Has Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation (6.5);
- Demonstrates the standard descriptors at Lead Teacher Level, in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers;
- Post graduate units of study in Leadership (Advantageous).
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE and follow the prompts.
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools Ltd employee, please CLICK HERE to apply.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Parish Priest Reference
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
To know and love Christ through learning
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration