Reporting to the Supervisor: Recruitment, this role is responsible for attracting and engaging high-quality talent to Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) Central Office and Catholic Education Networks. They are ambassadors of SCS to potential candidates and are responsible for promoting and showcasing SCS’s employee value proposition. The role will partner with hiring managers to deliver innovative end-to-end recruitment services that produce a high level of hiring manager satisfaction and a positive candidate experience. This role is a full-time permanent position.
The Recruitment Partner will be responsible for:
- Partnering with hiring managers to identify talent required in the short and long term to deliver directorate and network strategies and business plans.
- Educating managers on SCS position matrix, including available position titles, role descriptions, and their corresponding remuneration; escalate requests for new roles and role descriptions to the Specialist: Organisational Development.
- Advising hiring managers on the pros and cons of various workforce options to fill talent gaps such as permanent vs temporary, casual, and/or labor-hire.
- Maintaining knowledge of workplace discrimination legislation and educate managers to avoid inadvertent risk exposure.
- Maintaining knowledge of relevant enterprise agreements, industrial instruments, employment legislation, policies and contract law to ensure positions are advertised and appointed accordingly.
- Utilising a broad range of direct sourcing channels to attract talent, in particular LinkedIn, including proactive sourcing such as professional networking and targeted attraction of talent.
- Utilising SCS e-Recruitment system to shortlist candidates, customising for each hiring manager to make informed selections in line with directorate/network planning and talent requirements.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Tertiary qualification/s in Human Resources Management, Business, Commerce or other related fields with at least three years post-qualified experience.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience in customer service and liaising with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Previous end-to-end recruitment experience in either an agency or in-house role.
- Experience in using contemporary recruitment practices.
- Evidence of using contemporary research and strategic thinking in the implementation of recruitment strategies.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to coordinate and manage conflicting priorities.
- Experience in executing strategic sourcing approaches including LinkedIn and Professional Networking.
About Sydney Catholic Schools
In 200 years of delivering excellence in education, Sydney Catholic Schools ‘SCS’ has grown alongside the city’s dynamic, ever-changing, multicultural landscape. With 150 schools, more than 70,000 students, and around 10,000 staff, we are a thriving community of communities.
To apply for this position please click the “Apply Now” button and follow the prompts.
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools employee, please CLICK HERE to apply.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter addressing the targeted questions below (500 words limit each)
Targeted Question 1: As a Subject Matter Expert, outline your experience in providing innovative end-to-end recruitment services to produce a high level of satisfaction for both hiring managers and candidates.
Targeted Question 2: Demonstrate your experience in managing multiple stakeholders and relationships as well as your ability to oversee multiple priorities.
For general enquiries, please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9569 6111 (Mon-Fri).
Please note: This is a child-related position, and a Working with Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct. Also, as a permanent position, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
*The role is currently based in Leichhardt but will be relocating to a Sydney CBD location.