Location: World Square, Sydney CBD
Commencement Date: June 2022 or by negotiation
Capacity: Full-time, Permanent role
Reporting to the Manager: Governance, Audit and Compliance, the Professional Officer: Governance is a key member of the Governance Team. You will be responsible for delivering efficient and high-quality board and SCS executive secretariat functions. The Governance Team works collaboratively so this position will also be involved in ensuring SCS has effective governance frameworks in place, and developing and advising on policies, standardised processes and reporting across the system on compliance, risk, delegations, and assurance.
The Professional Officer: Governance is required to perform tasks that include but are not limited to:
- provide high-level secretariat support to the SCS Board and its Committees and SCS leadership team, including the preparation of agenda, briefing papers and minutes.
- provide high quality advice, guidance and support to directorates and specific projects on governance best practice, including briefing formats and policy development.
- assist in the preparation of governance documents, including reports, briefing templates and risk registers.
- assist in updating and oversight of the SCS Governance Framework.
- assist in the research, development, implementation and review of SCS policies and procedures.
- assist in the development and delivery of governance professional development for SCS’ Responsible Persons (as defined by the Education Act).
- contribute towards SCS’ electronic records management processes, including maintenance of publically and internally-available resources, maintenance of training records and up-to-date electronic SCS Policy sites which house support documents accessible to internal and external users.
- lead and/or contribute to projects to support the achievement of organisation level strategic and operational objectives.
- develop and oversee the implementation and evaluation of administrative practices, systems and procedures to optimise efficiency and support the achievement of quality outcomes.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- tertiary qualifications and at least three years experience in related fields
- ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- experience in customer service and liaising with a diverse range of stakeholders
- a can-do attitude in providing support and promoting governance best practice across SCS
- excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to tailor correspondence for different audiences and engage stakeholders in a timely and constructive manner
- ability to provide high level administrative functions including agenda preparation and minute taking, at an executive, committee or Board level
- willingness to respect, support and uphold the values and mission of SCS.
What We Offer
- a flexible/hybrid working environment
- a long-term career opportunity working for a high performing and growing organisation
- the ability to build your career in a multi-disciplined directorate
- opportunity to work in a modern and agile work environment
- competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- and generous salary packaging options
Base salary of $107,994. per annum + 10% superannuation with salary packaging option.
To apply for this position please click ‘apply now’ and follow the prompts.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- current resume
- cover letter addressing the value your experience and qualifications could add to this role specific to the essential criteria.
Closing date: Wednesday, 18 May 2022
Enquiries: Please contact Jai Pradhan on 0457 184 379 or email@example.com. Applications for this role will close at 11:59pm (AEDT) on Wednesday 18th May 2022.
If you encounter technical issues please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri).
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education and Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.
About Sydney Catholic Schools
Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students,10,000 staff and a large alumni community.