Location: Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: Immediate start or by negotiation
Closing Date: 13 August
Capacity: Permanent full time
Number of positions: 1
Who are we?
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 150 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates more than 70,000 students. Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
The Procurement Officer is responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
The function provides procurement expertise to the Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) enterprise and assists stakeholders to plan, develop, source and manage procurement arrangements to effectively meet organisational and strategic business objectives.
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Validating stakeholder business needs, compiling and source market information, and assisting in analysing markets and assessing risk to inform procurement planning and sourcing decisions.
- Conducting sourcing activities in accordance with established policies and procedures to meet business needs and participate in negotiations to establish and review supply arrangements.
- Implementing and contributing to the development of contract management plans, resolving issues, monitoring performance and negotiating contract variations.
- Providing advice, information and guidance on procurement related matters to staff across the enterprise, to provide governance best practice.
- Identifying, mitigating and escalating procurement risks to enable the organisation to meet its obligations and maximise business opportunities.
- Maintaining and updating procurement records and generating reports on procurement and contract activity to meet organisational compliance requirements and provide access to procurement information.
- Providing issues management and support relating to procurement, responding to emerging issues to ensure effective resolution with minimal risk to the organisation.
- Contributing to the development of a robust framework for the procurement of goods and services and the establishment of “preferred supplier” relationships.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- 2+ years of experience as a Procurement Officer or in a similar position.
- Experienced in procurement, tendering and contract management.
- Understanding of current procurement issues.
- Strong relationship management, negotiation, problem solving and dispute resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise high levels of professional judgement.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to negotiate well and ensure that all purchases comply with company standards.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
Please APPLY HERE and follow the steps to complete your application and be considered for this opportunity.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via email@example.com
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us